With the Voice of Praise. . .



"Nature's ten thousand voices speak His praise. In earth, and air and sky, with their marvellous tint and color, varying in gorgeous contrast or softly blended in harmony, we behold His glory.
The everlasting hills tell us of His power. The trees wave their green banners in the sunlight, and point us upward to their Creator. The flowers that gem the earth with their beauty whisper to us of Eden and fill us with longings ofr its unfading loveliness. The living green that carpets the brown earth tell us of God's care for the humblest of His creatures. The caves of the sea and the depths of the earth reveal His treasures.
He who placed the pearls in the ocean and the amethyst and the chrysolite among the rocks is a lover of the beautiful. The sun rising in the heaves is the representative of Him who is the light and life of all that He has made. All the brightness and beauty that adorn the earth and light up the heavens speak of God." Good Health, August, 1882.

"I will love thee, O Lord, y strength. The lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom
I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." Psalm 18:1-3.

"Let us treasure up every blessing, every heaven-sent ray of light in warnings, in reproofs, in tokens of mercy given unto us. Let us not be among those who lightly regard God's forbearance." -R.H., May 2, 1893.

"Great peace have they that love thy law:and nothing shall offend them." Psalm 119:165.

"Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded." 1 Peter 2:6.

"And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8.

"The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee." Psalm 9:8-9.

"The smallest thing we do, if done to please God is sure to be paid for in heaven's money." —R.H.

"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4.

"The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles." Psalm 34:17.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:2-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment