Light. . .




"For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness." 2 Samuel 22:29.

"For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth. By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee." Psalm 71:5, 6.

"There is help for the needy, light for the blind, redemption for hte lost. Jesus came into our world to 'bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound." RH, Jan. 26, 1911.

"For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." Psalm 18:28.

"Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart." Psalm
97:11.

"The path that leads to eternal day is not the easiest to travel, and at times it will seem dark and thorny. But you have the assurance that God's
everlasting arms encircle you to protect you from evil. He wants you to exercise earnest faith in Him, and to trust Him in the shadow as well as in the
sunshine." Messages to Young People, p. 102.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105.


"The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple." Psalm 119:130.

"Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God." Isaiah 50:10.

"The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light." Romans 13:12.

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
John 8:12.

Jesus
By Eliza H. Morton

Sweeter than honey's sweetness
Is the full divine completeness
Of my Saviour's love.
Dearer far than earthly treasure
Is the joy that knows no measure, —
Heavenly joy above.
Closer to my soul and nearer,
More beloved by far and dearer
Is my Lord to me,
Than earth's fame so
vain and fleeting,
Or the friends who give me greeting
On life's stormy sea.
Purer thant he lily's whiteness,
Clearer than the noneday brighteness,—
Jesus, Saviour, mine.
Come, O come in all thy beauty,
Let thy love make every duty
With thy glory shine.


Pathlights


No comments:

Post a Comment