Hope. . .


"Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD." Psalms 31:24.

"Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy." Psalms 33:18.

"Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee." Psalms 33:22.

"For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God." Psalms 38:15.

"And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee." Psalms 39:7.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance." Psalms 42:5.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." Psalms 43:5.

"For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth." Psalms 71:5.

"Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope." Psalm 119:49.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." Psalms 42:11.

"My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word." Psalms 119:81.

"That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments," Psalms 78:7.

"But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more." But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more. Psalms 71:14.

"No deep-seated love for Jesus can dwell in the heart that does not see and realize its own sinfulness. The soul that is transformed by grace will admire His divine character; but if we do not see our own moral deformity, it is unmistakable evidence that we have not had a view of the beauty and excellence of Christ. The less we see to esteem in ourselves, the more we shall see to esteem in the infinite purity and loveliness of our Saviour. A view of our own singluness drives us to Him who can pardon.

"God does not deal with us a finite men del with one another. His thoughts are thoughts of mercy, love, and tenderest compassion. 'He will abundantly pardon.'
"He says, 'I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions.' . . .

"Look up, you who are tried, tempted, and discouraged, loop up. . . .It is ever safe to look up; it is fatal to look down, the earth reels and sways beneath you; nothing is sure. But heaven above you is calm and steady, and there is divine aid for every climber. The hand of the Inifinite is reaching over the battlements of heaven to grasp yours in its strong embrace. The mighty Helper is nigh to bless, lift up, and encourage the most erring, the most sinful, if they will look to Him by faith. But the sinner must look up." R. H., Feb. 17, 1885.

There is hope for the hopeless, there is help for the helpless!

"Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word." Psalms 119:114.

"I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope." Psalms 130:5.

"Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope." Psalms 119:116.

"Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God." Psalms 146:5.

"The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy." Psalms 147:11.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

Whosoever means me, whosoever means YOU!

"The gift of God's dear Son makes the promises of God ours of a surety." M3, 23, 1899.
The matchless depths of a Saviour's love! Read about it FREE online:

The High Cost of the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment